Pubblicato su stage4eu il: 23/01/2020
UN OHCHR, Intern - Human Rights
OHCHR - Office High Commissioner for Human Rights
Palais Wilson, 52 rue des Paquis, Geneva, Svizzera
Legale/Affari internazionali, Comunicazione/Marketing, Giornalismo/Editoria/Scienze documentarie, Solidarietà/Diritti umani
3-6 mesi (fra gennaio 2020 e gennaio 2021)
L'offerta scade il 16/01/2021
Daily responsibilities of Human Rights (Universal Periodic Review) interns will depend on the individual's background and duties may include but are not limited to assisting staff members in the servicing of countries' reviews before, during and after the Universal Periodic Review Working Group (WG) sessions. During the Working Group sessions, the intern will be part of the Universal Periodic Review drafting teams and may:
- Assist in translation of statements and recommendations issued by delegations;
- Assist with drafting of small sections of the Universal Periodic Review Working Group report under the supervision of responsible staff members;
- Take care of statistical figures and help in podium management related tasks; Handle the list of speakers;
- Act as note taker of Universal Periodic Review related side events;
- and Support in media related assignments, specifically related to the Universal Periodic Review.
When the Universal Periodic Review Working Group is not in session, interns may also be requested to:
- Assist staff members in the preparation of pre-session documents, including research and analysis of human rights information and trends; Help in the indexing of the Universal Periodic Review Working Group recommendations under the supervision of relevant staff members;
- Support the preparation and implementation of follow-up activities;
- Perform substantive research into specific areas of the Universal Periodic Review Branch’s work;
- Support staff members in the finalization of documents and activities related to the most recent Working Group sessions;
- Assist in the preparation and revision of training material. Upon request by the Chief of the Universal Periodic Review Branch, interns may provide assistance in the accomplishment of any other task relevant to Branch activities such as the organization of and/or participation in meetings, panels et cetera;
- Assist in the preparation of daily notes, bullet points and summaries;
- Temporarily assist other Universal Periodic Review Branch staff members in accomplishing specific activities;
- and Perform other related duties as requested by supervisor, as appropriate.
- To qualify for the United Nations Secretariat internship programme applicants must, at the time of their submission, applicants must be enrolled in a graduate school programme (i.e. Master's degree or equivalent degree, or higher) or in the final academic year of a first-level university degree programme (i.e. Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree), preferably in the area of law, political science, international relations, social sciences or a related field, OR have graduated with a university degree as defined above AND, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period from the date of graduation.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in English or French is required, knowledge of the other is an asset. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable (i.e. Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish).
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose.
It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs.
By clicking on the green button “Vai all’Offerta” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.