This job opening announcement broadcasts three internship opportunities within the Information Management Branch (IMB) in Geneva. The work will be done through direct support to the Global Information Management Functional Team (GIFT). The GIFT is a mechanism that brings together expertise from across OCHA, with the aim of improving functional excellence in information management and analysis. It defines priorities for the function, develops policies and guidance, collects best practices, builds capacity, communicates organizational direction and ensures joint accountability for the performance of information management work at HQ and the field.
The intern will support a multi-disciplinary GIFT team in:
1) Creating a structured organizational approach to Situational Awareness.
2) Set out an organizational vision for information management, assessments, and analysis in support of enhanced situational awareness.
3) Supporting the role of a Governance model in various disciplines of platform management within the OCHA framework.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent);
Interested candidates must be pursuing or pursued their degree in areas related to this Job Opening. In addition, interested candidates must:
Lanugages: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of French is desirable. Knowledge of another United Nations official language (Arabic, Chinese, Russian Spanish) is an advantage.
Stage4eu is free of charge and has no commercial purpose. It does not conduct brokerage activities, nor does collect CVs. By clicking on the green button “Vai all’Offerta” you’ll be redirected to the original vacancy posted on host organizations’ web page.